Saturday, March 31, 2012

Like a Boss...

My goals for 2012 were to drink 8 glasses of water a day (failed at that months ago) and to read 100 books. Thankfully I'm ahead of the game on my second resolution. I've read 31 books so far this year, cha ching! So if I keep up this pace, averaging about 10 books a month, I might surpass my goal and hit 120. Hot damn that would be awesome! I also, started a good reads account in the hope of winning more free books and so far I've scored one (see my previous blog post). I love seeing what other people are reading, so start a good reads account so I can add to my "to read" list! So far the books I've read this year have been for my blogging for books program, my two books clubs, and for the sheer hell of it. I really need to wrap up what I'm reading though because I'm supposed to be reading Russian literature in preparation for my study abroad trip to St. Petersburg this summer. My bad. I think I keep putting it off because I'm scared it will be too hard or too boring or something. However, if I can get through Amish romance, Christian self-help, and gritty crime novels, then Russian lit. should be a breeze. I'm also planning on purchasing a Nook tablet soon so when I travel abroad I won't need an extra suitcase for all my books. I initially wanted a Kindle Fire but after doing some research I realized that a Nook tablet has everything I need plus really good perks with Barnes and Nobles (hello $25 off!). Well I better get back to work (aka reading because there are no customers in, score!).

No comments:

Post a Comment