Friday, June 22, 2012

Outlander Read-A-Long: Chapters 8-14

1. Claire has been given the task of healer at the castle. She must adapt her nursing skills for the time and learn what herbs and et will cure each particular ailment that is presented to her. Do you have any home remedies that were passed down to you (cure for a cold, bee sting or what have you)?
My grandmother believed that vic's vapor rub could heel practically anything, but beyond that we stuck mostly to medicine. I guess we are a pretty boring family, lol.

2. What do you think would be the biggest challenge of living in the past? Clothing, hygiene, food, etiquette or etc.)
FOOD! I'm vegetarian and I'm pretty sure I would starve back then. Also, I don't think it would be much fun prancing about in petticoats and long gowns... especially in the summer, I imagine that would get a tad hot and uncomfortable.

3. Do you have a favorite character, scene or quote so far? If so share it with us.
I like Jamie, obviously, and I know I have a favorite quote or two. Unfortunately I don't have my book on me so I'll have to find it later.

4. What did you think of the addition of the blood bond in the wedding ceremony? Is this something you wish to do with the one you love?
Reminds me of being a kid and having "blood sisters," lol. I like that pagen elements still weave their way into the most Christian of ceremonies. Personally, when I get married, I think I'll do with out the blood bond.

5. Are you reading along closely with the scheduled chapters or are you ahead or behind?
I'm waaaay ahead. Hoping to finish it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment