Friday, July 20, 2012

Outlander Read Along Week #5


Sorry everyone that this is soo late!! I'll try to post on time next week!!!

1. We are now settled into life at Lallybroch. What are your impressions of this place, and Ian and Jenny Murray? How do the stories of Jamie’s life here growing up shape your feelings toward him?

I LOVE Ian and Jenny, in fact I wish they were bigger characters in the book, I feel they have such a great story and a great family. It seems like a great piece of property and every is hard-working, loving, and very spirited. The stories they tell of Jamie's childhood definitely help humanize him a lot, I mean I liked him already, but this brings him a little more down to earth.

2. What do you think of the story of what really happened between Jenny and Jack Randall? Could you have been as bold as Jenny? Does this change your understanding of Randall?

Jenny is a waay stronger person than I am. She was really ballsy to handle that situation the way she did. This story of Randall also confirms my beliefs that he is a grade A douchebag. Seriously, what a guy.

3. For the second time, we see Claire warning a Fraser about future events. Do you think this is wise? Or does this mess with history/the space-time continuum/the natural order of things?

It probably isn't very smart but if I were in her situation I would want to warn the ones I love about impending disaster. I definitely think it screws with how the future plays out, but I wonder how much it actually changes. It's interesting to consider.

4. Do you consider Claire brave or foolish for going after Jamie? Would you be courageous enough to go into enemy territory to try and save the man you love?

I hope I would have the nerve to go after my one true love. If I didn't I know it would haunt me the rest of my life. It's foolish, but it is also quite noble.

5. Jamie makes a gut-wrenching decision in Chapter 35. Do you blame Claire for putting him in that position? What kinds of repercussions do you expect?

I don't blame Claire, she honestly tried her best to rescue him. Unfortunately his torture is going to be even more horrific because of her actions, but she had no way of knowing. Randall is also one of the most despicable characters EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment