Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Outlander Read-A-Long Part 3


1) We FINALLY get to the scene we’ve all been waiting for. You know what I’m talking about–yay sexytimes! What were your impressions? Was it what you were expecting? Or did you want more? 
Meh, I was glad they finally did it I suppose but it wasn't necessarily earth shattering sex. I probably shouldn't judge sex scenes by 50 Shades of Grey which set the bar unnaturally high. I'm glad it wasn't super awkward for them and yeah they wait til their married. Also, I found it hard to believe that a strapping young man like Jamie would still be a virgin. But then again it's 18th century Scotland, crazier shit has happened.

2) I know that some readers thus far have been bothered by the fact of Claire being married to Frank but still being involved with Jamie, despite the different time periods. Does their time as newlyweds change anyone’s opinion of that? If not, now what are you thinking of the situation?  

Well it makes me think a little bit better of her, at least I don't think she's such a hussy now I guess.  At least they were married before sex and it wasn't like she had a choice with the whole marriage thing so she hasn't cheapened her love for Frank... much, lol.

3) What did you think about the “waterhorse” that Claire saw? Why do you think Peter was so spooked? And what do you think this means for Claire? 

REALLY a waterhorse?!? I just chose to ignore this little part of the story. It's already magical enough, I don't need their to be witches, leprechauns, and waterhorses to add to it.

4) If you were Claire and you were knowingly in the vicinity of the stones, would you have done the same thing she did?  

Claire is kinda a bitch and doesn't think things through. If she would have talked to Jamie, I'm sure he would have taken her to the stones no questions asked. She only thinks of herself and I feel terrible for those around her.

5) What do you think about Captain Randall? How do you think the family resemblance between him and Frank affects Claire and particularly her relationship with Jamie? 

I bet it's a big turn off and throws her into confusion every time she sees Captain Randall. It probably makes her like Jamie even better because she unconscionably will associate Frank with Captain Randall and that obviously will put some distance between her and her twentieth century husband.

Well that's all for now! I loved everyone's responses this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment