Monday, October 13, 2014

The Fever

I didn't have any notion of what this book was about other than a "fever," so I didn't have very high expectations or pre-conceived ideas about what I was reading. That being said, I enjoyed it quite a bit. The first half of the book, I was like, "What in the world am I reading? What's going on? Are there zombies at the end?" But by the end I was like, "Oh damn! Didn't see that coming!" If you're confused by my ramblings here is a brief summary. High school. Ugh. Drama, growing up, boys, friends, etc. Then all of a sudden everything changes. Deenie's best friend has a seizure in class and then goes into a coma. A few days later something similar strikes one of her other friends. Not just seizures, but backs arching, hair flying, foam, hallucinations. Shit is getting trippy. Suddenly, other girls in her high school start to have problems. What is affecting all the teenage girls? Is it the HPV vaccine everyone got? Was it the dirty lake? Was it something Deenie did? The story is told through the eyes of the Nash family; Deenie, her hot older brother, Eli, and their father Tom. Everything is always normal until it's not, and it's threatening to teat the high school and community to bits.

Thrilling and suspenseful, a quick enjoyable read with a great twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment