Sunday, May 17, 2015

Afterlife with Archie

This book has been on my radar for a while now, so I'm glad I just happened to find it at my local library. The art and story line is off the charts and it's a great way to reconnect with the Archie comics from childhood. I love that they turned a classic cheesy comic into a dark campy reboot, just my cup of tea!

When Jughead's beloved pup, Hot Dog, is hit by a car and killed, Jughead is heartbroken. He goes to Sabrina the Teenage Witch in hopes that she can bring him back to life. Salem (Sabrina's cat) is vehemently against that kind of dark magic, but Sabrina defies her beloved pet and her aunts and performs the spell. This is where all hell breaks loose. Hot Dog comes back to life as a zombie and infects Jughead, who in turn goes to the Halloween dance and starts killing people and infecting them. soon Riverdale is up in flames and the few survivors (Archie, Betty, and Veronica, among others) are holed up in Veronica's mansion. What will they do? How will they survive the zombie apocalypse? It's dark, morbid, and awesome. Definitely, good to read good ol' Archie again, he's more kick ass than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment