Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Things I Can't Explain

So I hadn't heard any buzz for this book but I happened across it at my library and was instantly sold when I saw that it was a "Clarissa Explains it All" novel for grown-ups. Like, how cool?!? The creator of the show (he also wrote for Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, SNL, and National Lampoon) is also the author of the book which I really appreciated. He did a great job of growing Clarissa up and portraying her as an unemployed twenty-something girl in New York City. This book would appeal to 90's girls, fans of "new adult," and even teens. It's not plot heavy, it's very easy to see where the entire book is heading but it doesn't make it any less fun. There are fun drawings, charts, lists, and other elements to entice the reader. A good beach read; mindless but fun and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment