Tuesday, March 15, 2016

13 Hours

I'll admit, I saw this movie first. Guilty, I know. But now that I've read the book, I can safely say that the movie follows the book impressively well! Before seeing the movie or reading this, I'll admit that I was 100% sure what had happened in Benghazi. Political pundits seemed to be yelling about it all the time and there was a lot of finger pointing, I know that some Americans had died, but really the news skewed it so much that I wasn't able to make heads or tails of a lot of it. This book really broke down the whole situation by telling it from the perspective of those that had boots on the ground. Mitchell Zuckoff interviewed the Annex security team to piece together the events that took place and tell it in a way that wasn't overly technical but was very narrative and flowed well. It's a harrowing and devastating account that will have readers flying through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment