Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Canticle for Leibowitz

Definitely not something I would have ordinarily ever picked up. I was a little skeptical when I first got into it, but it developed into this wonderful apocalyptic book that I can't stop thinking about it. I've never been much for speculative fiction by Walter M. Miller Jr.'s classic, award winning science fiction book has me singing another tune. In a hellishly destroyed world, thrown back into the dark ages, a naive young monk discovers some artifacts that had belonged to the beloved Saint Leibowitz centuries prior. The monks are dedicated to preserving memorabilia and remnants of the old world and the story spans many centuries and revolves around their saint and their order. A wonderful read once you get into. I may even have to pick up the rest of the trilogy to see how this saga can possibly continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment