Friday, September 30, 2016

The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo

I don't know why I didn't expect to love this but I'm sure glad I was wrong. This book was awesome! I pretty much only know Amy Schumer from Trainwreck, I've never watched her show or her stand-ups so I didn't have any pre-conceived notions about her really. Which was kind of nice, it made her really down to earth even though she's clearly quite famous. In the same vein as Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling, or Amy Poehler, this book virtually convinces the reader that you should be best friends with Amy, she's so relatable, funny, and real. Gah, I sound like such a fangirl. But really, I went from virtually no opinion on Amy to number one fan (except for my friend Moffett, no one can top that kind of crazy!). This book isn't a memoir it's more of a mishmash of stories, lists, photos, opinions, and comedy. It's got a little something for everyone. It can be downright hilarious hearing about her hook ups and shenanigans and then it can take a completely serious turn as she discusses her dad's MS or the shooting at one of her movie screenings. I loved all of it and I look forward to reading more of her stuff in the future.  

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend reading the book The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo.
    I just finished reading it today, and my conclusion is that its a very good book to read.

    ReplyDelete