Monday, January 9, 2017

A History of American Sports in 100 Objects

I found this book to be fascinating, well written, and utterly engrossing. I thought it would be all about football, baseball, and men but I was pleasantly surprised to see that all sports were represented and there was a good number of women present too. Items ranged from the modern football, the nike waffle iron, the gold club used on the moon, CTE brain scans, Immaculata's basketball uniforms and more. Each item gave an overview of the sport, player or players, pertinent history, and how it helped define American sports. I enjoyed this book so much that I want to buy it. I learned soo  much about so many different things. A great read for sports fans, history buff, and Jeapordy afficianados.

No comments:

Post a Comment