Friday, December 29, 2017

Bull

One of the most fun novels in verse I have ever read. David Elliot does an amazing job retelling the story of Thesues and the Minotaur in hilarious down to earth prose. The book literally starts out with "Whaddup, bitches?" and just rolls from there. It was soo much fun and it breathed so much life into this classic Greek tale. I wish I would have read this adaptation in high school! The prose is broken into sections; Poseidon breaks the third wall and talks to the reader and the other characters have their own little sections. I can't get over how inventive and fun this us. FUCKING READ IT! I had no expectations based on the cover and the one sentence summary I saw of this book but I am SOOO SOO glad I picked this up. A true gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment