Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Fire and Fury

Trying to sum up my feelings on this trainwreck is hard. I'm glad I read it, it certainly helped me understand how the White House is being run and what actual "roles" all the key players have (or rather had). It's honestly pretty terrifying. I actually hoped that this whole book was false because otherwise.... we have a certifiable quack as our president (which again... I know. I know we do.). After I finished reading this I wanted to know what was "facts" and what was "fake news" so I went to Politfact to get the skinny (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jan/09/fact-checking-read-fire-and-fury-michael-wolff/). Basically... only minor things are wrong and those are mostly misspellings, a wrong date or two, and other very minor details. The rest seems to hold up. And by God it rings true. So my worst fears are confirmed. Fire and Fury is a terrifying glimpse into our government and it reads stranger than fiction. It was fascinating and I couldn't put it down, but at the core it's really scary. Worth a read and a fact check.

No comments:

Post a Comment